Saturday, June 6, 2009

Raw Chocolate Pudding Recipe - My Granddaughter's Favorite Easy Raw Food Recipe


At 2 and 1/2 years old, my granddaughter is already a chocoholic and the darker, the better as far as she is concerned. She was once caught polishing off a bar of baking chocolate when Mommy came to see what she was doing so very quietly.

For those who don't know, baking chocolate has NO sugar in it!

When she comes to visit, as children will do with grandparents, she almost always asks Ma-Ma (that's me) for candy. Instead of feeding her junk food, I whip up my favorite raw chocolate pudding recipe for her to satisfy that chocolate tooth of hers.

I figure if I can make raw foods taste good enough to please the palate of a picky 2 year old, I've done my job of caring for this precious little person when she comes to visit.

Not only does she eat it, she usually asks for more! Score two points for Ma-Ma! A healthy treat my granddaughter loves that wins brownie points in the "no junk food" arena with Mommy.

Here's the recipe. Please note that the vanilla isn't raw, but I'm not an absolute purist. If you can't get your hands on raw cacao powder, a good organic cocoa powder will do.

Raw Chocolate Pudding Recipe

2 ripe Avocados
1/4 to 1/3 cup cocoa or raw cacao powder if you have it
1/4 cup agave nectar or organic raw honey (add more to taste)
1 tsp. vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean scraped
1 pinch of salt.

Cut avocados in half and scoop out the flesh into a food processor. Add all other ingredients and process until smooth. Adjust cacao and desired sweetener to taste. Chill and serve.

I have also used this recipe as frosting for a raw cake! Just stiffen mixture with extra cacao powder.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment